“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” ~ Mark Twain
I love Mark Twain’s quote because I have lived it many times. The understanding that courage is not the absence of fear but rather it’s resistance to it — mastery of it and just downright busting through fear by faith and the refusal to quit!
There have been many changes in my life especially in the last 10 years. Several good changes and others have been very challenging. Many of these changes were not the void of fear. They required courage in the face of fear.
- Courage to say no
- Courage to say yes
- Courage to change my perspective
- Courage to know when to speak and when to be silent
- Courage as a leader to set necessary boundaries with people
- Courage in the face of unexpected illness
- Courage to dream bigger
- Courage to take action on those dreams
- Courage to wait patiently in certain situations
- Courage to get out of my own way
- Courage to reinvent areas of my business
- Courage to ask for what I needed
- Courage to go after what God has for me in this season of life…
I’m sure that we can all write a long list on the areas of our lives that have required courage. Look back over the last year and some of the challenges you’ve faced. You are still here! You are courageous!
What’s ONE thing you are facing right now that is stretching you beyond what you thought you had in you?
Stand firm. God has put everything in you that you need to live a courageous life.
Cheering you on,