Whether it’s the people that you live with (family), work with or serve with, we are all a part of a team. It is often said that the team is only as good as its leader. I agree but I would add that both the leader and the team members are valuable to the success of the team because we are in it together.
Below are five questions that we can ask ourselves to be certain we are a help and not a hindrance to the team. In recent weeks, I asked myself these questions to do a self check and in one area I saw a need for change. It wasn’t a negative change but it was a necessary change to be my best with God’s help for those I love, support and serve.
1. What is the value that I bring to the team?
2. Am I someone my team can really rely on?
3. What areas of my life do I need to give more attention to developing so that I’ll be my best for the team?
4. Am I committed and accountable to the growth and well-being of the team?
5. Do I understand my role on the team and am I effective in that role for the greater good of the team?
I believe self-examination is a powerful tool. It can be difficult at times to ask ourselves questions that may reap answers that require change. However, those are often the best questions to ask when we care about the people that we are connected to and desire to bless right?
Remember, personal growth and development is never about perfection it’s always about purpose. So don’t beat yourself up when you have areas that need change. We all do.
What are some of the ways that you examine your own life? I’d love to know if any of the five questions are a help to you. You can leave a comment below or contact me HERE I’d love to hear from you! If you need help in how to move forward in tacklling these questions in an empowering and life-changing way through coaching, I’m here to serve and support you!